Monday, July 23, 2012

"Rainbow" - Maraya's Birthday Bear

Hi Friends!  Today my granddaughter, Maraya, turned two-years-old.  I had made all sorts of plans for her birthday, but my surgery last week cut into my crafting time so to speak.  Anyway, I did manage to finish her birthday bear.  My husband calls this pretty little bear "Rainbow Sherbet".  Maraya has shortened it to just "Rainbow".





She was made using a skein of yarn from my unknown drawer, meaning I have no idea of brand, type, or even where I got it.  Her muzzle, ears, hands, and feet were done in Sugar'n Cream Ombres "Playtime".  The pattern I used was Teddy Bear from the Lion Brand Yarn website.  It is a free pattern, easy to follow, and turns out so cute!

And, just for fun, here are some more pictures of my pretty little birthday girl!
















5 comments:

  1. So sweet! (both the bear AND the child!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter and bear are so cute. I remember the first amigurumi I made was a teddy bear from Lion brand site as well. I stuffed it with recycled plastic bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They do have some very nice, free patterns. I have made several of their free ami patterns and they always turn out nice. :)

      Delete
  3. I am sure Rainbow is going to be a life long friend. She is lucky to have a grandma who loves ami's.

    ReplyDelete