Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy Last Day of Christmas Break!

     Oh how I hate to see the end of a good thing.  Tomorrow, the children of our community return to school, and my hubby and I return to work.  It has been a wonderful two weeks.  I don't want to give up my crafting time, my relaxing time, my "wow, I love my life" time, but life is what it is and we have to work, right?  
     As if said return to real life didn't suck enough, my little boy has chosen today to get sick.  He is currently running a temperature of 102.5 and his face and ears are blazing red.  His head and eyes hurt and he has a sick stomach.  I'm pretty sure there will be no school for little man tomorrow and no basketball game tomorrow night either.  Poor little thing.  :(
     So, I hate to admit it, but I didn't get much accomplished today.  I took my daughter, Sabrina, and ten-month-old grandson, Sebastion, to a restaurant to meet up with my grandson's father whom he has only met one time in his little life.  Sabrina was so nervous.  So was Sebastion's daddy.  It didn't go well.  :(
     Anyway, what I DID accomplish was to finish the owl hat I was working on for my cousin's new baby.  I am fairly happy with it... except for the eyes... I just can't seem to get them done to my satisfaction.  Here are the pictures of MY completed owl hat.  Please let me know what you think!  Again, if you are interested in this pattern you can find it here.

     Now that I am done with the hat, I am going to start working on the booties and mittens she requested in matching colors.  I am using the following patterns.  These are NOT my pictures.  They belong to the pattern designers.


I know, looking at my hat pics and these pattern pics, that none of it really matches, but I am holding out hope that in the correct colors it will be an awesome set!
     I didn't get any more work done on the parrot today as I had hoped I might, but I have to just take it one day at a time I guess.  :)
     Well, it is getting close to bed time and tomorrow is a busy day so I will say good night for now.  Thanks again for stopping by and visiting with me.  I hope you come back soon.  :)
     Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment